An account designed specifically for children
The Rock offers a low fee savings account specifically for children, which matures as they do - offering more features as they grow. What's more, young savers who can make at least one deposit during the month, regardless of the amount, and no withdrawals will earn double interest for that month.
What's more, children can earn double interest! To qualify, simply make at least one deposit of any amount during the month and no withdrawals.
- Make at least one deposit of any amount during the month and no withdrawals to earn double the interest (displayed below) for that month
- No monthly account keeping fees
- Access your funds with a Rock rediCARD PLUS
- Incoming cheques are accepted (in account holder's name)
- Periodical payments accepted (incoming only)
- Interest calculated daily on whole balance and credited monthly
This account must be opened with a parent/guardian as an Authority to Operate.
The parent/guardian can choose to waive their status as an Authority to Operate giving the child full access to the account on their own, if the child is aged at least 7 years and is capable of producing a consistent signature.
Children's accounts are designed to supply low or fee-free banking for children aged under 13 years. If The Rock believes this account is being used for any purpose that are not purely for the benefit of the account holder we reserve the right, at our complete discretion, to close the account and transfer the balance to a normal savings account (The Only Account).